There are different places you can go to if you want to explore and know more about the city through art galleries and museums.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art is now in the famous Tower Automotive building where they currently occupy the first five floors. The museum aims to rekindle the love for the art scene by introducing new art from different artists.
- The Tom Thomson Art Gallery is displaying classic and memorable local art pieces.
- The Algoma Art Gallery boasts of local art from their artists.
- Aboriginal or indigenous arts are showcased at the Woodland Cultural Centre located in Brantford, National Gallery of Canada, and Whetung Ojibwa Centre.
- The Museum of Nature, as well as the Canadian Museum of History that is located in Ottawa, have very interesting exhibits that made Ottawa a treasured place for museum and gallery-goers.
- If you are into ceramic arts and are keen to learn about how to use clay to express yourself via an art piece, then The Gardiner Museum is the place to go.
- Art junkies are keen on seeing new art pieces every now and then, so if you want a seasonal treat, The Royal Ontario is featuring new displays every season.
- Different canoes are displayed at the Canadian Canoe Museum, not to mention that they are only displaying the best. This explains why they got the World’s Greatest Canoe collection award.
- For those who love footwear, the Bata Shoe Museum is displaying different kinds of shoes.
- In the Hamilton Museum of Steam and Technology, you will be amazed by the development of Canada’s old waterworks. The structure itself is also a sight to behold.
- The Ontario Science Centre will satisfy your curiosities and have you fascinated by learning more about how science will change our future.
- If your interests are brain teasers and puzzles, look no further because the Museum of Illusion is the newest place to go to if you are into mind-boggling exhibits like holograms, vortex passages, and other attractions similar to them.
- Dynamic Earth is an interactive Science Centre to learn about the movements of the earth as well as how earthquakes happen and how volcanoes are formed.